BlockchainHub Berlin and BlockchainHub Graz were invited by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Economics, Science and Research to design and participate in an Ideahacking Eventon 6th/7th May 2017 which took place at the Vienna University of Economics and Business. The aim was to develop a “Blockchain Roadmap for Austria”.
Prior to that event, at the beginning of this year, Dr. Shermin Voshmgir of BlockchainHub organized a workshop with relevant policy makers and heads of administrations giving an introduction to Blockchain, smart contracts and the decentral web, including current use cases, and an outlook on the state of the technology as well as development cycles.
Together with the the policy makers present, next steps and action plans for idea hacking event in May where designed. In this 2 day interactive and multi stakeholder workshop, 60 movers and shakers of Austrian blockchain community als well as international experts formed five break out sessions around:
- Supply Chain
- Tax Law
The outcome of that event where potential pilot projects and we are currently working on a policy paper.
The event was hosted by the Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy and former State Secretary, now Minister of Economic Affairs: Dr. Harald Mahrer
Selected experts who participated in the event:
- Thomas Zeinzinger (Founder BlockchainHub Graz)
- Joachim Lohkamp (Founder and CEO of Jolocom)
- Dr. Shermin Voshmgir (Founder BlockchainHub)
- Prof. Jeffrey Owens (Director WU Global Tax Policy Center Institute for Austrian and International Tax Law, Vienna University of Economics)
- Prof. Alfred Taudes (Department for Information Systems, Vienna University of Economics)
- Max Tertinegg (Co-founder of Coinfinity)
- Nina-Luisa Siedler (Business lawyer and advisor at BlockchainHub Berlin)
- Ewald Hesse (Grid Singularity)
- Ralph Picher (Riat & Ethereum Meetup Vienna)
- Andreas Perterson (Minebox.io)
- Markus Sabadello (Danube Tech)
- Tom Fürstner (riddleandcode.com)
Media Sources: Austrian Federal Ministry of Science, Research and Economy
Also published on Medium.